Bunch-to-Bucket Transfer System
This work package was frozen due to missing or redirected personnel for about two years
The purpose of the Bunch-to-Bucket (B2B) transfer system is to transfer ion beams over the whole range of isotopes from one ring to another at GSI and FAIR. It employs the so-called phase-shift
or frequency beating methods to achieve a phase match between bunch and bucket to better than 1 degree. The Bunch-to-Bucket (B2B) Transfer System is essential and indispensable for the FAIR accelerator chain. Without, no beam can be transferred from SIS18 to SIS100 and to follow-up machines. The B2B system is realized by the General Machine Timing (GMT) system and the Low-Level RF (LLRF) system. The B2B system is closely linked to other systems like kicker control and electronics as well as the machine protection system.
The aim of this web is to provide an overview on the Bunch-to-Bucket transfer system and its relationship to other systems. Moreover, it is the central point for documentation. Please note, that the B2B transfer system is still under development.
- 11-Mar-2919: very little personnel: some conceptual work (maybe)
- 04-Jul-2017: no personnel: work package frozen
- 09-Mar-2017: request for new Workpackage 22.214.171.124 approved
- 28-Feb-2017: technical concept released (EDMS)
- 13-Feb-2017: created this wiki
- 26-Jan-2017: new Workpackage B2B (Bunch-to-Bucket) Transfer System requested
- 10-Feb-2016: B2B Project steering meeting established
BunchBucket Web Utilities
- 11 Mar 2019