How-To: Connecting a Timing Receiver to the White Rabbit Network
A timing receiver MUST NOT
be connected to a White Rabbit network without authorization.
Authorization requires a REGISTRATION REQUEST
We don't require a special form or paper. Just send a mail to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' including the following information.
- identifier of timing receiver; please provide us at least with one of the three options below
- preferred: MAC of timing receiver (try 'eb-mon dev/wbm0 -m'); example '70:b3:d5:63:50:8b', or
- SCU only: name of SCU; example 'scuxl0815', or
- CID of timing receiver: example 'CID 55 0108 0189-5'
- contact name of person to be contacted in case we identify issues with the timing receiver
- location and purpose; example 'TH.17.234, Rack42, CRYRING Kicker'
- non-SCU only: name of host system; example 'sdlibera4711'
Quick test: Just query the GSI name server
# nslookup scuxl0400t.timing.acc.gsi.de // example SCU
# nslookup pexaria42t.timing.acc.gsi.de // example non-SCU
| |---------------- // note the 'timing'
|--------------------- // note the 't'
If the name server is unable to resolve the name, the timing receiver MUST NOT
Timing receivers not following the policies
will be disconnected.
- 15 September 2020