This article is about the frontends supported by the FE group.
Names and subnets
FECs are available in different subnets:
- FEC loads software from asl in the subdirectory with the name 'nomen'.
is mapped to
- FEC loads software from asl in the subdirectory 'kgp2cu02'.
The IN group supplies frontends with the following hostname conventions.
- SCU = standard control unit
- X = (64bit system, wanted by m.thieme)
- L = linux
- xxxx = 0001 - 9999
MicroIOCs and in general x86 based FECs
(if the fecname has "i64" appended, it is a management interface [integrated lights out management = ilo] Ilos are not in their default vlan -> vlan number "64" [which is normal acc net] is appended.)
- FE = frontend
- L = linux
- MicroIOC if number starts with 9
- All linux tools are working for hostname and nomenclature.
Log-in, environment and diagnosis via hostname
There are several comfort functions which support you while working on and with a FEC
. -- (will also be implemented to work with the host nomen)
To benefit from this function the user needs to be in the group "fesa" (type
in the console to find out, which groups you belong to). Or, if you aren't, just source the needed script with the following command "/common/usr/cscofe/scripts/fesa_uti/fec_access.sh".
How to interact with a FEC
the proper way:
- sss [SCU_NUMBER | FEC_NAME]
- logs in as root on scuxlSCU_NUMBER (leading zeros are padded automatically) or FEC_NAME
- configures the relevant comfort aliases and helper functions
- runs a short diagnosis
- diag [SCU_NUMBER | FEC_NAME]
- runs a short diagnosis on scuxlSCU_NUMBER (leading zeros are padded automatically) or FEC_NAME
- log-in on frontends without retyping the password everytime
- generate key-pair for ssh and add the according line to the cscofe script in the export directory or
- ask MatthiasWiebel for details
Hostname to hostnomen mapping (FEC DNS mapping)
FEC names are mapped to a nomenclature via a DNS service. Look-ups and new mappings can be done on the asl with the tool fec-nomen-mapper. Execute with -h if you are looking for help.
fec-nomen-mapper -m scuxl0815 kgp2cu02 # Make new mapping. Implicitly deleting old one
fec-nomen-mapper -l # List of all mappings
fec-nomen-mapper -l someRegEx # Filtered list of mappings
See the list of virtual frontends
for more information about where to run your mocks.
Overview of communication paths in SCU
SCU interaction diagram.pdf