Quick Reference: SVN
At CERN (CERN account is needed, form for CERN Account \\winfilesvg\BEL$Root\belgroup\Allgemeine-Infos-für-Alle\CERN Account Application\CERN Account Application ):
SVN in eclipse:
- add SVN connection (remote SVN repository)
- go to window -> Perspective -> Open Perspective... -> Other
- choose SVN Repository Exploring
- in the left "SVN Repositories" Views toolbar click the yellow tube symbol with the green plus
- enter the SVN URL
- enter your username and password (all passwords in eclipse are stored in a secure password storage with a master password, you will be asked for that on the first use)
share new project
- right click on project -> Team -> Share Project...
- choose SVN -> Next
- choose your SVN connection (e.g. https://www-acc.gsi.de/svn/playground) -> Next
- choose Advanced Mode
- at "Project Repository Layout" choose "Use single project layout" -> Next
- enter a meaningful commit message (e.g. create new Project) -> Finish
- in the next dialog
- enter a meaningful commit message (e.g. initial commit of project content)
- deselect folder ".settings" and files ".classpath", ".project" and all files contained in folder ".settigns"
- these files and folders are generated by eclipse and are not needed in the SVN repository
- they can be added to svn ignore list later
send local changes to remote
- right click on project -> Team -> Commit...
- in the next dialog
- enter a meaningful commit message
- check the files and folders to be populated to the SVN repository
checkout other projects
- got to File -> New -> Other...
- select "Check out Maven Projects from SCM" -> Next
- Browse to your project location
working with others
- merging commits from other developers into local working copy
- right click on project -> Team -> Synchronize with Repository
- optionally but recommended: look up the changes that were made
- update your local project
- go back to Java perspective (top right corner of eclipse)
SVN Externals: Edit
svn --ignore-externals checkout https://www-acc.gsi.de/svn/bel/application/lsa/setup/lsa-ws-core-dev lsa-core-dev-tmp
svn --editor-cmd gedit propedit svn:externals lsa-core-dev-tmp
svn commit -m "JF: updated accsoft dependencies to get the new polynomials" lsa-core-dev-tmp
SVN Ignore: Edit/Remove
svn --editor-cmd gedit propedit svn:ignore .
svn commit -m "JF: updated svn ignore"
- 06 Jan 2015