This application is used to monitor and control the devices by operators. The devices of a chain are selectable via context selection and are arranged along the beamline in a topological order.
The GUI of is devided into several areas:
- Device table: Representation of devices which can be driven into resp. out of the beamline. These devices are arranged
- line by line: per device type
- column by column: in sections of the selected accelerator zone(s).
Clicking on the table cell a device can be driven into the beam resp. out of the beam. Furthermore the gate valves (controlled by the FAIR control system) are opened resp. closed from here.
- Chain navigator: Every device of the selected beamline is represented by a button to select the one of the following functions:
- Controlling ( PowerOn /PowerOff/Reset ) of a device to be selected. Mulitple selection is also supported.
- Detailed status information of a device to be selected.
- Distance information between (at least two) devices to be selected. (currently not available)
Miscellanous device filters are combinable to reduce the selection of devices. Moreover a table representing the comparison of set and actual current values for non-ramped magnets is available. For convenient selection devices are arranged in sections as well.
Generic guidelines for vizualization of device status will have to be discussed again. Here in DeviceControl the status colors are based closely to that of the legacy application SD-program. The status color of a devicein table area is always the status color of the actuator (and not of the device driven by the actuator):
The status icons are related to the draft of device status icons